Schmincke Kohle Liquid Charcoal
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Coquitlam (3 available)
- Downtown Vancouver (3 available)
- Granville Island (3 available)
- Kelowna (3 available)
- Langley (3 available)
- North Vancouver (4 available)
- Victoria (2 available)
- ECU (0 available)
A clean, dust-free way of painting, charcoal drawing and underpainting with charcoal.
The three pigments of natural origin used for this (PBK 8, pit black) are created by charring fruit seeds, resulting in the following unique coal nuances:
- neutral - peach stone black
- warm, brownish - cherry pit black
- cool, bluish - grape seed black
Due to the larger quantity of available paint, liquid charcoal can be used to quickly process large areas. The liquid charcoal contains the high-quality binder gum arabic like traditional artists' watercolours (gouaches, watercolours, etc.), has a gouache-like consistency and can be diluted with water, so that different shades, structures and layer thicknesses can be achieved by different application.
Depending on the substrate and the thickness of the layer, it can be wiped off by hand and removed with water. Used as thin underpainting (e.g. in oil painting), subsequent paints do not become dirty or become less dirty than with conventional charcoal underpainting due to the higher adhesion of the bound carbon pigments to the substrate.
We are excited to feature Schmincke Liquid Charcoal in our Eco-Conscious Art Materials Collection at Opus Art Supplies. This innovative product is made with sustainable materials and produced with green energy, making it a great choice for environmentally conscious artists.
- Sustainable materials: Schmincke Liquid Charcoal utilizes pits instead of trees, making it a more eco-friendly alternative to traditional charcoal.
- Eco-friendly production: Schmincke uses green energy to produce their Liquid Charcoal, further reducing their environmental impact.
- Vegan binder: The binder used in Schmincke Liquid Charcoal is vegan, making it a cruelty-free choice for artists.
Find more eco-conscious art materials in the eco-conscious collection .
The Resource LibraryMore Resources
August 21, 2023
August 11, 2023