Wabi-Sabi Painting with Cold Wax
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Coquitlam (1 available)
- Downtown Vancouver (0 available)
- Granville Island (0 available)
- Kelowna (1 available)
- Langley (0 available)
- North Vancouver (0 available)
- Victoria (1 available)
The ancient philosophy of wabi-sabi honours the imperfect, the transitory and the humble. Cold wax is a perfect vehicle for artists wishing to explore this aesthetic.
In this guide, you'll learn how to use this incredibly malleable mediumñin combination with oil paint and other mediumsñto add layers of texture, atmosphere, depth and meaning to your paintings while developing a more intuitive artistic voice.
No matter what your experience level, learning to paint with cold wax will help you approach your work with confidence and a sense of adventure. You will learn a liberating process of texturing, layering, building up and scraping back to create a fascinating Òhistory of surface.Ó Each piece will be the result of elements converging in a one-time-only way, resulting in fiercely original abstract paintings honoring your own process of self discovery.
Learn Everything You Need to Know to Create With Cold Wax!
- 29 step-by-step demonstrations cover various techniques for working with oil paint and cold wax medium.
- Explore dozens of mark-making techniques with a variety of tools, most of which can be found in your kitchen or junk drawer.
- Excavate using various approaches for incising, exposing and scraping away layers.
- Get inspired as 12 additional artists share their creative processes.
Embrace unexpected turns, discover the beauty in simplicity and lose yourself in the process as you join Serena Barton on this creative and spiritual journey.
The Resource LibraryMore Resources
August 21, 2023
August 11, 2023