Caran d'Ache Luminance 6901® Colour Pencils - White or YellowSelect from 101 colours
Luminance 691®: The secret of light-loving colours.
Caran d'Ache, Maison de Haute Ecriture, is emphasising its expertise in Colour by offering professionals the Luminance 691 colour pencil, a combination of the highest lightfastness and the smoothness of a permanent lead. Two years of research went into developing the formulation in the greatest secrecy in the Geneva workshops.
- Lightfastness in compliance with the highest international standards: ASTM D-691.
- A perfectly balanced range of 76 colours.
- Intense and bright colours.
- High pigment concentration.
- Smoothness and superior covering power.
- Conforms to ASTM D 4236.
- Lead 3.8 mm, smooth and permanent particularly recommended for mixings and gradations, blendings and also shading and burnishing with a white pencil.
- Premium FSC® certified cedar wood, requires the use of a well-sharpened pencil sharpener, round pencil
- Lightfastness indicator LFI or LFII (standard ASTM D-691)
- Identification number and name of colour
- Glossy cap matches the lead colour
Caran d'Ache is a Swiss art supplies brand that places a high priority on sustainability. We've chosen to feature their Museum Aquarelle, Luminance, and Neocolor II products in our Eco-Conscious Art Materials Collection due to their commitment to environmentally friendly practices. Some of their sustainability initiatives include:
- FSC certification and locally sourced wood: Caran d'Ache is FSC certified, meaning they prioritize responsible forest management, and they prioritize locally sourced wood for their products.
- Free from toxic heavy metals: Their pencils are made with water-soluble pigments that are free from toxic heavy metals, ensuring the safety of both artists and the environment.
- Nespresso partnership: Caran d'Ache partners with Nespresso to recycle used coffee capsules into the barrels of their Grafwood pencils, reducing waste and giving a second life to the aluminum and coffee grounds.
Explore our full selection of eco-friendly art materials at Opus Art Supplies.
Pencil quality is good. Pencil core is centered in the wood casing resulting in consistent sharpening. Application to paper is smooth and not too hard, i.e. doesn't scratch paper. An opaque white. Works well for creating an initial layer that other colours can be layered over then scratched through to create textured highlights.
Related & Recent Resources
August 21, 2023
August 11, 2023