Caran d'Ache Luminance 6901® Colour Pencils - Brown or GreenSelect from 101 colours
Luminance 691®: The secret of light-loving colours.
Caran d'Ache, Maison de Haute Ecriture, is emphasising its expertise in Colour by offering professionals the Luminance 691 colour pencil, a combination of the highest lightfastness and the smoothness of a permanent lead. Two years of research went into developing the formulation in the greatest secrecy in the Geneva workshops.
- Lightfastness in compliance with the highest international standards: ASTM D-691.
- A perfectly balanced range of 76 colours.
- Intense and bright colours.
- High pigment concentration.
- Smoothness and superior covering power.
- Conforms to ASTM D 4236.
- Lead 3.8 mm, smooth and permanent particularly recommended for mixings and gradations, blendings and also shading and burnishing with a white pencil.
- Premium FSC® certified cedar wood, requires the use of a well-sharpened pencil sharpener, round pencil
- Lightfastness indicator LFI or LFII (standard ASTM D-691)
- Identification number and name of colour
- Glossy cap matches the lead colour
Caran d'Ache is a Swiss art supplies brand that places a high priority on sustainability. We've chosen to feature their Museum Aquarelle, Luminance, and Neocolor II products in our Eco-Conscious Art Materials Collection due to their commitment to environmentally friendly practices. Some of their sustainability initiatives include:
- FSC certification and locally sourced wood: Caran d'Ache is FSC certified, meaning they prioritize responsible forest management, and they prioritize locally sourced wood for their products.
- Free from toxic heavy metals: Their pencils are made with water-soluble pigments that are free from toxic heavy metals, ensuring the safety of both artists and the environment.
- Nespresso partnership: Caran d'Ache partners with Nespresso to recycle used coffee capsules into the barrels of their Grafwood pencils, reducing waste and giving a second life to the aluminum and coffee grounds.
Explore our full selection of eco-friendly art materials at Opus Art Supplies.
Great coloured pencil, lays down well and is easily blended. I should know as the only vice I have left at my age is coloured pencils and have tried them all in my addiction
The colour at just great and I love the finish of it we’ll cover also they last for a long time
Caran d'Ache Luminance 6901® Colour Pencils - Brown or Green
Related & Recent Resources
November 17, 2023
November 06, 2023