Caran d'Ache Luminance 6901® Colour Pencils - Orange or Red or PurpleSelect from 101 colours
Luminance 691®: The secret of light-loving colours.
Caran d'Ache, Maison de Haute Ecriture, is emphasising its expertise in Colour by offering professionals the Luminance 691 colour pencil, a combination of the highest lightfastness and the smoothness of a permanent lead. Two years of research went into developing the formulation in the greatest secrecy in the Geneva workshops.
- Lightfastness in compliance with the highest international standards: ASTM D-691.
- A perfectly balanced range of 76 colours.
- Intense and bright colours.
- High pigment concentration.
- Smoothness and superior covering power.
- Conforms to ASTM D 4236.
- Lead 3.8 mm, smooth and permanent particularly recommended for mixings and gradations, blendings and also shading and burnishing with a white pencil.
- Premium FSC® certified cedar wood, requires the use of a well-sharpened pencil sharpener, round pencil
- Lightfastness indicator LFI or LFII (standard ASTM D-691)
- Identification number and name of colour
- Glossy cap matches the lead colour
Caran d'Ache is a Swiss art supplies brand that places a high priority on sustainability. We've chosen to feature their Museum Aquarelle, Luminance, and Neocolor II products in our Eco-Conscious Art Materials Collection due to their commitment to environmentally friendly practices. Some of their sustainability initiatives include:
- FSC certification and locally sourced wood: Caran d'Ache is FSC certified, meaning they prioritize responsible forest management, and they prioritize locally sourced wood for their products.
- Free from toxic heavy metals: Their pencils are made with water-soluble pigments that are free from toxic heavy metals, ensuring the safety of both artists and the environment.
- Nespresso partnership: Caran d'Ache partners with Nespresso to recycle used coffee capsules into the barrels of their Grafwood pencils, reducing waste and giving a second life to the aluminum and coffee grounds.
Explore our full selection of eco-friendly art materials at Opus Art Supplies.
Related & Recent Resources
May 31, 2023
Derwent Inktense with Artist Ian Fennelly
May 25, 2023
Solvent-Free in Nature: Cobra Oils
May 23, 2023
How to learn basic calligraphy techniques
May 23, 2023
Urban Sketching Techniques with Don Colley
May 12, 2023
‘Explore’ – The Nature of Indigenous Art
May 03, 2023
Chat with Buffy Kaufman from the USA
May 02, 2023