Opus Art Supplies is a B.C. business that supplies local artists with the materials and tools for their creativity, for over 45 years. We are a creative community of diversity and inclusion, where artists, non-artists, and people of all types and ages are proud to work together.
As a member of our Workshop Team, you will work at our production plant in Vancouver, cutting and building picture frames, stretched canvas, etc. to custom order, for all seven of our retail locations.
You should have a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, good ability to work independently, and a focus on quality. Ideally you should be comfortable with measuring and simple fractions. Some power tool/light machinery experience is an asset, but individual training is provided.
This is a full time level 2 position, Monday to Friday.
Potential Duties and Responsibilities
- Chop & join custom picture frames and stretcher bars
- Stretching custom canvas
- Cut custom mat, glass & backing for picture framing
- Inventory and warehouse duties, cycle counting
- Shipping and receiving, local deliveries by company-provided van
- This position does occasionally require some heavy lifting (up to 50lbs.)
Preferred requirements, but not exclusive:
- 1+ years' experience with power tools/light machinery
- Comfortable with measuring, simple fractions
- This is a full time level 2 position (starting wage $17.22), 40 hours per week
After the successful completion of a 3-month probationary period, staff receive medical and dental benefits, development opportunities, and participation in other benefits including discounts in-store on art supplies and framing.
Please complete the form below to apply.
- OR -
Email your resume and cover letter with the subject line "[Your Name], Production Associate " to: Tristan Noone, email@example.com