When you see these icons it means that your order will have special shipping requirements. Please see below for details.
Oversize / Overweight Items & Shipping Costs
• Any items 30’x36′ or larger
is considered oversize.
• Any item weighing more than 66 lbs is considered overweight.
As oversize and overweight items will have surcharges applied by shipping services, the actual shipping fees will be applied to your order once we have received a shipping quote from the carrier (generally received within 1-2 business day). We will contact you with the shipping quote and to collect payment information for this charge.
Please note that, depending on the location of the delivery address, orders with oversize and overweight items may result in a sizeable shipping charges. We’re happy to look into shipping costs prior to you placing your order: please call us at 1-800-663-6953 ext 1 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the requested items and full street address for a shipping quote.
In-Store Only Items
When you see this icon it means this item is available in store only and is not available for delivery.
Fragile, Temperature-Sensitive, & Hazardous Materials
Some items are not able to be shipped, please see below for details. As an alternative to shipping, our Mail Order Department can often arrange for a prepaid pick-up at one of our retail stores; please call us at 1-800-663-6953 ext 1 to discuss the available options.
Items that contain Glass
Tables with glass tops, such as The Futura Craft Station and Solano Adjustable Drafting Table, are highly susceptible to breakage during shipping. These items can only be shipped within the Greater Vancouver Area by a same-day service carrier.
We are unable to ship frames with glass, aside from our bulk Shipping Packs where the glass is packaged to minimize the risk of damage during transit.
1. Our bulk Shipping Packs are available in our most popular frames and sizes. Shipping Packs contain 5 frames packed specifically for mail order, with the glass wrapped as a “brick” separately from the frames and backing to help reduce the risk of breakage during transit.* Some assembly will be required. You may order these online or by telephone.
* Our shipping packs are designed to help reduce breakage however in some cases breakage may still occur.
2. We can custom order frames without glass so that you can purchase your glass locally instead. Or you can order a custom frame with Plexiglass. Note that custom frame orders are typically a higher price than readymade options and require extra time to manufacture. To place a custom order, please contact us toll-free at 1-800-663-6953.
3. We have several ready-made frames available which do not include glass, designed primarily for framing works of art on canvas. These are available for purchase online or by telephone.
4. If you wish to purchase any of our frames in larger quantities, we may be able to determine a safer method of shipping using a pallet and specifying the type of carrier. Please contact us at 1-800-663-6953 to discuss your options.
5. All National Mail Order shipping packs with glass, as well as custom frames containing Plexiglass, are FINAL SALE; exchanges or returns are not available for these items.
Canvas larger than 30″ x 40″
Opus does not ship pre-stretched canvases larger than 30″ x 40″ as these larger sizes are frequently damaged in transit.
48″ x 96″ sheets of cardboard and foamcore
For extra charges we are able to ship 48″ x 96″ sheets of cardboard and foamcore within Metro Vancouver but, as they are very large and fragile, there is a minimum shipping quantity of 10 sheets for this size specifically. Please see below under “Paper Sheets, Foamcore, and Matboards” for minimum shipping quantities in all other sizes.
Hazardous materials, such as spray paint, spray varnishes, and solvents, can be shipped only by ground: they cannot be shipped by air.
While most paints can handle a few freeze-thaw cycles, latex-based products such as mold making latex and watercolour masking fluid will not survive being frozen. Other products that should not be frozen are:
• Pebeo Cerne Relief
• Golden Matte Digital Ground
• FW Inks
• Daler Rowney Pearlescent Inks
• Amaco Cloud Clay
• Calligraphy Pen Cartridges
If these products are required in the winter, they may need to be sent via heated truck.
The Masters Torino Sculptures are very fragile and are only available for in-store pick-up.
Due to an increased risk of damage while shipping our minimum shipping requirement for paper under 140 lbs is 25 sheets (this generally includes the majority of paper we sell other than some printmaking and watercolour). Paper 140 lbs and over (generally includes most watercolour and printmaking papers) have a minimum of 10 sheets to ensure safety while shipping.
Foamcore: Our minimum shipping requirement for foamcore is 5 sheets to ensure safety while shipping.
Matboard: Our minimum shipping requirement for matboard if 10 sheets to ensure safety while shipping.
While we do endeavour to package your orders to ensure they arrive safely and without damage, small quantities of paper are fragile and may not survive their journey without bending.
If your order contains less than the minimum requirement, we will contact you to ask whether you would like the optional Packing Fee of $10 that will add extra support to your paper using reinforced corrugated cardboard. Mixing different styles of paper or colours of matboards is also another option to reach the minimum quantity. Our National Mail Order staff are happy to help with any inquiries or provide suggestions, to reach us please call 1-800-663-6953 ext.1.
Opus Art Supplies does not ship sheets of paper rolled.
Remote Locations & Shipping Costs
In instances where freight carriers deem a shipping address as remote, within the bounds of their extended shipping area policies, or any instance where the carrier adds a surcharge to the order, our shipping rates that are based on the dollar value of an order do not apply; the actual shipping fees will be applied to your order. For further details, please refer to our Shipping & Order Tracking page.
If you have any questions regarding these shipping exceptions or other concerns, please contact us at 1-800-663-6953 ext 1 or email email@example.com.