Returning or Exchanging Items Purchased In-Store
If you are dissatisfied with any item purchased, we will take reasonable action to amend the situation. Simply return items in their original condition with proof of purchase within 60 days for a full refund or credit. Please note that some conditions apply:
- Items without proof of purchase or returned past 60 days are subject to review
- All Pens and Markers are final sale
- All Special Order Items and Clearance Items are final sale
- All Custom Orders are subject to a 30% restocking fee, including custom-cut framing, custom painting surfaces, and custom stretchers
- Defective Items are subject to review and may have special requirements where manufacturer warranties are offered
We provide refunds back in the same form that the purchase was paid for. For items paid for by credit card or debit, the refund must be applied to the same card used to make the purchase. For items paid for by cash, a cash refund will be issued. For large cash returns, a cheque may need to be issued and sent to you at a later date.
Returning or Exchanging Items Purchased through National Mail Order
If you have changed your mind on an item, and it is still in sellable condition, please contact our National Mail Order team within 60 days of your purchase. We will pay for the goods to be returned to us and once we receive the goods we will process a full refund or exchange for you. You can reach our National Mail Order Service by phone at 1-800-663-6953 or email us at email@example.com.
Please note, there are some exceptions to this return policy:
- Opus BOD Wooden frame packs of 5, Opus Metal Exhibition frame packs of 5, aerosol cans, markers, and other FINAL SALE merchandise.
- For custom orders, such as custom picture frames, matting, canvas, and panels, a 30% restocking fee will be applied.
- No exchanges or returns will be accepted for final sale items, including frames shipped with glass and clearance items.
- Special orders are a final sale, unless the product is defective. If the product you received is defective, please contact us within 2 weeks (14 days) to let us know. We will then arrange to have a replacement sent to you.
In some cases you may be able to return your mail order purchase to an Opus store, however, we still recommend you contact our National Mail Order Department first to make arrangements.
Parcels Damaged in Transit
When your parcel arrives, please inspect the outside of the packaged to see if it has been damaged in any way. If you note there is substantial damage to the package or your goods, please:
- Refuse delivery of the parcel; This will have the package sent back to our National Mail Order Service.
- Take a picture of the damaged package, if possible.
If you have accepted the parcel and upon opening it have found damaged goods please contact our National Mail Order Department at 1-800-663-6953 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so we can replace the damaged product. We will need to see proof of the damaged goods before we can process the return or exchange.
Shipping Returns & Exchanges Back to Opus
To initiate a return or exchange for an item purchased via mail order, contact our National Mail Order Department at 1-800-663-6953 or e-mail us at email@example.com to discuss the options, and to obtain a Return Authorization Number if a return or exchange is decided upon.
We cannot process refunds until we have received the product back in good condition. Ensure a) the product is properly and safely packaged, with the Return Authorization Number written on the outside of your package, and b) ship your parcel back to Opus via Canada Post Regular Parcel Service. These are important steps in ensuring that your refund can be processed effectively.
If the product is damaged or defective, we will refund your regular parcel post shipping costs when we receive the item. If you are returning an item because you have changed your mind about the product, then the return postage will not be reimbursed. This is subject to the product arriving back to us in satisfactory condition.
If you have any questions regarding a return or exchange for items purchased through mail order, please contact our National Mail Order Department at 1-800-663-6953 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding a return or exchange for items purchased through at one of our Opus stores, please contact the store the purchase was made at by phone or in person.