OPC TestMarch 26, 2019
Seasoned plein air painters & novice artists who love the great outdoors. Groups of friends looking for a creative activity & families celebrating spring a painting picnic. You are all invited to the 8th annual Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge on Sunday, May 26, 2019!
Let’s Get This Whole Province Painting!
Watch our new video and be inspired to take your art outside this spring!
2019 marks the 8th Anniversary for OPC and we’re inviting YOU to come and celebrate this wonderful event! Share your enthusiasm for creativity with your community of artists and neighbours. The Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge is an event that provides a unique opportunity for the visual art communities of BC to come together to make art outdoors. See highlights from 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
This special event welcomes all ages and levels of skill, and encourages participants to try something new, whether that be working outdoors for the first time, or simply within the limitations of the challenge rules.
Each location will have a designated “Painting Zone” with a variety of subject matter to choose from. Try a cityscape, a waterfront view, the flora and fauna around you, or even the picture in your mind that the day inspires.
Work in acrylics or oils, watercolour or pencil, collage or assemblage, or all of the above! All mediums and points of view are welcome.
Ready to challenge yourself? Here’s how:
1. Pre-register at your local Opus, either in-store, by phone, or online (scroll down).
2. Sign in begins at 10 am, Sunday, May 26. Stay tuned for the location of the Opus Tent at your local Opus.
Please Note: You can expect some locations to have 200+ participants. We thank you in advance for your patience during the sign in process.
3. Find a spot in the designated Painting Zone & begin! Bring your favourite media and tools with you or pick up some new materials before you head out.
Create your piece on an 8″ x 10″ surface – either the canvas panel provided by Opus (available in limited quantities for registered participants) or a surface you have brought, prepared as necessary for your chosen media.
4. Return to the Opus Tent before 3:00 pm with your artwork so it may be displayed for the exhibition.
5. Visit the Exhibition tent between 3:30 and 4:00 pm to view the artwork. Draw prize winners will be announced starting at 4:00 pm.
Register for OpusOPC!
Last year’s Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge (OPC) saw a spectacular turn out, with 1300+ artists painting and drawing both nature and city life at Opus locations across BC. Let’s get this whole province painting – again!