An Introduction to Custom DIY Framing at Opus
Pierre from Opus Granville Island gives us a in depth walkthrough on how to Do It Yourself when using our Custom DIY Framing Service.
Step 1: Select the style of moulding you desire and any additional elements, such a what type of mat, glass, backing, and hanging hardware you may need.
Step 2: Measure the dimension of your piece and mat board. Record your desired dimensions for your custom DIY frame/mat order and place it with a Opus Staff member.
– Once your frame and mat board arrives, clean your glass and gently place it into the frame.
– Position the mat board on top of your print to highlight your picture.
– Secure the top with linen tape, leaving the sides and bottom loose as to prevent your picture from buckling.
– Place the picture along with the mat board into your frame. Put a piece of archival paper on top of your print before placing your backing in. This will give that extra protection between print and backing.
– Secure backing with either a point driver or staple gun.
– Screw the D-rings on the back of your frame. Tightly tie the hanging wire to each D-ring.
– Hang it!
Materials and Tools in shown in this video:
– Mat board
– Corrugate Backing
– 2x D-Rings
– 2x Screws
– Hanging Wire
– Linen Tape
– Glass cleaner
– Point Driver/ Staple Gun