Do you have a passion for art and design? A keen interest in branding and marketing practices? A love of all things Opus? If so, consider joining our team! The Opus Marketing department is looking for a new Marketing Assistant. This entry-level position is ideal for anyone looking to pursue a career in Marketing or Graphic Design.
Our Marketing department is responsible for creating the bulk of Opus’ promotional materials and providing support to our eight sales areas who, in turn, provide art resources to creative individuals and the visual arts community. Our brand statement is By All Means Create and we take that to heart. We want to ensure our in-store signage and customer resources, website, videos, and our online and print marketing materials are an effective resource for our customers and staff, as well as BC’s visual arts community.
As a key part of our in-house creative team, you will work on a wide variety of projects, across various media, from concept to completion. Flexibility is key as you will be asked to switch between routine tasks and creative projects regularly, often working with quick turnaround times and tight deadlines.
General responsibilities of the Marketing Assistant include:
- creating email marketing campaigns
- product photography and photo editing
- writing product and ad copy
- uploading new products and artist demonstrations to our website
- creating advertisements
- maintaining our customer database
The skills essential to this position include:
Familiarity and aptitude with:
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- Content Management Systems, HTML, and CSS
- Art supplies and techniques
The ability to:
- approach each day with a positive and proactive attitude
- work well both independently and as part of a larger team
- begin a project with only a few details and be resourceful about filling in the blanks
- sort and combine data from multiple streams
The Marketing Assistant is a full-time Monday to Friday position, based at 3445 Cornett Road, located a 5–10-minute walk from the Rupert Skytrain Station.
Please email your resume and cover letter with the subject line “[Your Name], Marketing Assistant” to the Attention of:
Opus Art Supplies
All applications must include:
- A cover letter stating your interest in the Marketing Assistant role
- A current resume outlining your related skills
Applications for this position will be accepted until Monday, February 3, 2020.
This entry-level position is a full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday daytime shifts with an annual salary of $35,942.40. After successful completion of a 3-month probationary period, staff are eligible for our medical and dental benefits program, and participation in other benefits including product discounts.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.