Marketing Assistant – Website & E-Commerce Focus (Vancouver)
Do you have a passion for art and design? A keen interest in online marketing, e-commerce systems, and website maintenance? If so, consider joining our team! The Opus Marketing department is looking for a new web and ecommerce-focused Marketing Assistant. This junior-level position is ideal for someone with 1-2 years experience looking to pursue a career in Marketing, Web Design and Website Maintenance for E-Commerce. We are continuously developing our brand, and this position offers the opportunity to work with our website and ecommerce platforms to help us build and maintain our ecommerce presence to grow and expand our market.
WHO WE ARE
Opus was founded by David van Berckel, as a little picture frame manufacturer in 1974, and is still an independently-owned, globally-connected local business. His company philosophy ‘small is beautiful’ remains at our core. At Opus, people matter. We’re a community and we’re here to support artists’ entire creative journey. From that first flash of inspiration through to final execution, our mission is to provide quality art materials, resources and guidance, relevant to you, your level of skill and commitment. Read more in our About Us page.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
Our Marketing department is responsible for the Opus national marketing strategy, creating in-store and online promotional materials, content, and e-commerce management. In addition, providing support to our nine sales areas who, in turn, provide personalized service to creatives and the visual arts community across Canada. Our brand statement is “By All Means Create” and we take that to heart, ensuring our stores and website are providing the tools needed to inspire, explore, and create art.
As a key part of our in-house marketing team, you will work on a wide variety of projects, across various media, from concept to completion. Flexibility is key as you will be asked to switch between routine tasks and creative projects regularly, often working with quick turnaround times and tight deadlines.
General responsibilities of the Marketing Assistant include:
- Crafting clear product and ad marketing copy
- Gathering, sorting, and inputting information for uploading new products to website
- Maintaining our customer database
- Working collaboratively with the marketing team to develop a profitable e-commerce strategy
- Enhancing customer experience on the website by improving product content, imagery, and ease of use
- Merchandising website products to maximize sales & improve conversion rate
- Creating campaign landing pages to support the overall marketing strategy
- Developing email marketing campaigns
- Other e-commerce and marketing projects and tasks as assigned.
What You Bring To The Role:
- A portfolio of demonstrated use of Content Management Systems, Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Proven results with Search Engine Optimization processes, Google Ads Manager and Search Console.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and Google docs including Excel and Google Sheets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Well organized and ability to balance deadlines and workload effectively.
- Proven record of approaching each day with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability in working well both independently and as part of a larger team.
- Begin a project with only a few details and be resourceful about filling in the blanks
- An ability to sort and combine data from multiple streams
The Marketing Assistant is a full-time Monday to Friday position, based at 3445 Cornett Road. Conveniently located a 5–10-minute walk from the Rupert Skytrain Station.
This entry-level position is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday daytime shifts with an annual salary of $35,942.40. After successful completion of a 3-month probationary period, staff are eligible for our medical and dental benefits program, and participation in other benefits including product discounts.
- Close proximity to Public Transit. A 5-10 minute walk to Rupert Skytrain Station.
- A creative and inspiring culture that fosters exploration, learning, and growth.
- Competitive Pay Packages – A commitment to performance based pay increases and career progression
- Product discount on most products at Opus Stores
- Health Benefits – Comprehensive health, vision and dental packages for eligible employees after the 3 months probation period
- Health & Safety – Industry-leading health and safety precautions, including on-site screenings, mask and distancing protocols, and cleaning supplies
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
All co-workers are required to wear a mask while in the building unless seated at their desk, and are encouraged to maintain excellent hand hygiene. Common surfaces are sanitized regularly.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “[Your Name], Marketing Assistant” to the Attention of:
Opus Art Supplies
All applications must include:
- A cover letter stating your interest in the Marketing Assistant role
- A current resume outlining your related skills
- A portfolio of demonstrated abilities related to job requirements.
Applications for this position will be accepted until Monday, August 8, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our office is located in the community of Vancouver and recognizes the unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.