Paint a Rooster with a Palette Knife Art Class | Hosted by VVAF
February 05, 2021
Since September, the Vancouver Visual Art Foundation has started a new Art Class series where everyone can get creative online!
Each month, we have invited talented artists from our incredible Art Vancouver alumni to teach their passion through the new and exciting format.
DATE: Fri, February 5, 2021
TIME: 6:30PM – 8:30PM
TICKET: $28.90 – $34.47
If you appreciate texture in oil painting, you’ll love this Rooster art class. Elena will guide you step by step on how to paint with a palette knife in oil and avoid the mess, fix common mistakes and how to use colours properly to make your painting look professional.
Students are expected to provide their own supplies in order to participate.
- Stretched primed canvas 16×20 or bigger
- Oil paints: Titanium White; Primary Yellow or Yellow Medium; Primary Red or Red Medium; Alizarin Crimson, Madder Lake or Carmine; Ultramarine; Black; Phthalo Blue, Prussian Blue or Primary Blue; Sap Green or Chromium Oxide; Yellow Ochre, Golden Ochre or Raw sienna; Burnt Sienna
- Brushes: Hog Bristle Flat brush N 10 or 12
- Flat palette (or cardboard wrapped with foil)
- Metal medium palette knife
- Linseed oil (no thinners or solvents)
The Vancouver Visual Art Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that connects, inspires and educates visual arts communities.