Let’s Paint A Blue-Winged Warbler Bird Art Class – Hosted by VVAF with Rose Tanner
February 18, 2021
The Vancouver Visual Art Foundation invites you to get creative with our new Online Art Class Series. We will feature professional artists to teach their passion through a new and exciting online format.
DATE: Thursday, February 18th, 2021
TIME: 6:30PM – 8:30PM
TICKET: $25 – $29.99
Let’s Paint A Blue-Winged Warbler Bird
Let’s paint a Blue-Winged Warbler. Learn how to create realistic birds, this live class will also focus on how to work with the color yellow.
The class is for beginning/intermediate oil painters (acrylic painters welcome) Learn how to paint feathers, realistic eyes and beaks. You will also learn how to create a colorful portrait style background. Bird portraits are very satisfying to paint because they are easy, fast and you get to paint the bird’s expression.
Rose Tanner is an award-winning artist who loves the outdoors and studying birds. She is dedicated to portraying her subjects using traditional oil painting techniques, but she believes it’s her attention to their inner being that gives them their lifelike quality in her paintings. She travels widely for her subjects and is active in supporting endangered birds and their habitat. Rose volunteers as a juror for the Federation of Canadian Artist (FCA) and sits on the FCA Victoria Board of Directors. She teaches online workshops and enjoys sharing her knowledge of realistic color mixing.
Students are expected to provide their own supplies in order to participate.
Supplies from Opus Art Supply
I recommend using the best possible materials even as a beginner it makes your painting easier.
- Oil Paint:Titanium White, Cadmium Yellow Lemon, Cadmium Yellow Light, Yellow Ochre , Transparent Oxide Brown , Cobalt Blue Light, Permanent Rose or Permanent Alizarin Crimson
- Brushes (buy the Best quality brushes, it will make your painting process easier): 2 – 3 Fine Detail, Round Brushes – Small sizes, 1 Small Soft Blender Brush; 3 – 4 Flat Brushes – Small, Medium and Large Sizes; 1 Medium Soft Blender Brush 1 Medium Soft Blender Fan Brush
- Panel or Canvas Best Quality : 10 x 10 or 9 x 12
- Gamsol for brush Cleaning
- Walnut Oil (optional)
- Paper Towels
- Palette and Palette Knife
- Paint scraper
The Vancouver Visual Art Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that connects, inspires and educates visual arts communities.