CREATIVE FIGURE DRAWING INK, GOUACHE & MARKER
March 29, 2020
Are you ready to bring more colour, feeling, and depth into your figure drawings? In this foundational course, you will learn a simple step-by-step approach to create convincing skin tones using dry pastel (soft & hard) on mid-tone paper. Working from the live model and reference materials, emphasis will be placed upon creating 3-dimensional form using light and shadow, layering colour, and exploring various techniques in pastel application. Whether focusing on the full figure or portrait, you will enjoy a heightened sense of confidence and play with colour!
Basic knowledge of figure drawing and painting
All these materials can be found at Opus Art Supplies. Similar products & brands from other stores are welcome. Feel free to bring additional materials if you wish! Remember to dress appropriately for an art studio. Brand names italicized are recommended for this course.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
• Easels, drawing donkeys, side tables, chairs & stools, drawing boards, paper clips, containers for liquids, masking tape
• Stonehenge Paper (22” x 30”): 2 sheets of either White, Pale Blue, or Fawn (similar colours are Qine).
• Strathmore 400 Series Mixed Media Pad (15 sheets): 9 x 12 inches (or larger). Similar brands are welcome.
• F/W Acrylic Ink: Get any 2-3 colours of your choice (additional colours welcome)
• Recommended: Get medium-to-dark colours (blue, dark red, green, etc.), instead of ’light’ colours.
• Holbein Acrlya Gouache: ‘Chinese White’ + 2-3 colours of your choice (additional colours welcome). Other brands are welcome.
• Tombo Dual Brush Pen: Choose 5-10 colours of your choice.
• Recommended: Get one red, blue, yellow, orange, green, purple, brown, grey, black
• These come in ‘sets’ as well, whatever inspires you will work! The more the merrier!
• 3-5 different sizes & shapes (ink, watercolour, acrylic, & oil brushes will work).
• ‘Synthetic’ brushes are best (vs. natural bristle)
• The more the merrier! PAPER TOWEL & RAGS
• Scott’s Shop Towels (blue or white), found at Canadian Tire/ Home Depot
• Works better than ‘regular’ white paper towel (more absorbent) OPTIONAL
• Pentel Aquash Water Brush (Medium or Large) •
Gloves: latex to keeps hands clean