Call For Artists: Renewal: Teen Eco-Art Exhibition
February 09, 2022 - March 25, 2022
Young artists – share your artwork & perspectives on our environment in an exciting eco-art exhibition this Spring!
The West Vancouver Community Arts Council is excited to work in partnership with the West Vancouver Memorial Library to present the Renewal: Teen Eco-Art Exhibition.
Submission is open to artists from Grades 11 – 12 who reside in West Vancouver or attend a West Vancouver secondary school. We are looking for unique, original pieces that address the challenges facing our environment & waters, & the steps we can take to make a difference. Artwork should primarily be made from sustainable materials or found objects that would otherwise be left to go in the garbage.
Submissions will be reviewed by a Selection Committee. Artwork will be assessed on creative use of materials & expression of theme. While we wish we could display every submission, there may not be the space. Selected artwork will be displayed in an exhibition in the West Vancouver Memorial Library from April 15 – May 29, 2022; in conjunction with the touring exhibition Diving In: The Art of Cleaning Lakes and Oceans which will be on display at the Silk Purse Arts Centre.
- Grade 11 – 12 students who resides in West Vancouver or attend a West Vancouver secondary school
- Artwork addresses environmental themes such as clean water, climate change, sustainability, conservation, pollution, etc.
- Artwork created primarily from sustainable, repurposed, recycled materials. Other media such as paint, clay, photography, ink, paper, etc. can be used in combination with repurposed materials
- Size. Wall mounted artwork: no larger than 36” x 36”.
Sculpture: no larger than 1’5” x 1’5” x 1’5”.
- Artwork should be exhibition ready. Wall mounted artwork should have hanging wire, D-rings or sawtooth hanger. Sculptures should be able to stand on their own.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Visit the Renewal Submission page & select the Register for this event button.
- Complete the submission form & upload the required materials.
- Artwork Submission Hi-resolution images of the artwork you are submitting for consideration.
Accepted formats: JPG, JPEG, TIFF. Each file should be less than 20MB.
- Artist Statement Clear & concise, 100 – 200 word statement regarding your art practice & the concept/themes of the work being considered.
Accepted formats: PDF, DOC, DOCX. Each file should be less than 20MB.
SUBMISSION CLOSE Friday, March 25, 6 pm
RESULTS Artists will be notified by April 6
EXHIBITION LOCATION West Vancouver Memorial Library, 1950 Marine Dr.
EXHIBITION DATES April 15 – May 29.
If you have any questions please contact Gallery Coordinator Steven Snider [email protected]
March 25, 2022