FULL – An Introduction to Plein Air Painting with Shari Pratt and GOLDEN
July 06, 2020
July 3, 2020 – Please note: This demonstration is now full and no further registration will be taken. Thank you for your interest!
Join artist Shari Pratt for An Introduction to Plein Air Painting with GOLDEN’s OPEN Acrylics
Summer is just around the corner and with it brings the inspiration and motivation to get outdoors and paint “En Plein Air”. If you’re an acrylic painter however, the warm weather means paint drying on your brush and palette before you can even get it on the surface! Or perhaps, you’ve always wanted to try Plein Air Painting but don’t know how or where to start?
This unique online Plein Air Painting Workshop will show you how GOLDEN’s slow-drying OPEN Acrylics can be used to simplify the Plein Air painting experience. You will learn how to simplify your colour palette and add texture with gels and pastes to see which medium best suits your style. You will also discover the variety of materials and equipment available for working outdoors. We will discuss how Plein Air Painting is one of the best ways to develop your compositional skills, improve your colour mixes, and train your observation skills.
Space is limited so register online today through Zoom using the following link:
To participate in this workshop, you will need to register using the link above, and have access to a computer or handheld device with internet access.
- 3 Mineral GOLDEN OPEN Acrylics: Pyrrole Red, Cobalt Blue, Yellow Ochre (2oz)
- 3 Modern GOLDEN OPEN Acrylics: Quinacridone Magenta, Phthalo Blue, Nickle Azo Yellow (2oz)
- GOLDEN OPEN Titanium White (2oz)
- GOLDEN OPEN Carbon Black (2oz)
- GOLDEN OPEN Acrylic Gel Gloss (8oz)
- GOLDEN OPEN Thinner (4oz)
- Optional for impasto painters: GOLDEN Heavy Gel Medium (8oz) and/or GOLDEN Light Molding Paste (8oz)
- 3 sizes of acrylic brushes: 2” round, 6” filbert, 10” filbert
- 2 canvases or canvas board 11×14”
- Disposable paper palette