- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Score, Fold, Stitch: Designing Your Own Sketchbook
Score, fold and stitch the way to your own handmade sketchbook!
Join Nadine Werner, master bookbinder, paper artist, and designer for Paper-Oh Notebooks, as she demonstrates some of the easy techniques she uses for creating sketchbooks with glue free bindings. Whether you work in graphite, watercolour, or a variety of mediums, designing your own personalized sketchbook is a fun way to make something that can meet your specific needs.
Watch Score, Fold, Stitch: Designing Your Own Sketchbook above or on the Opus YouTube Channel to discover how to create torn edges using a bone folder, fold and measure the section of a sketchbook, and sew your sketchbook using a single pamphlet stitch. The tools are simple and the possibilities are endless!
Tip: Unsure whether you want your sketchbook to have torn edges or straight edges? Use a bone folder to tear the edges and then make your decision later!
Interested in some of the products Nadine uses?
St. Armand Canal Paper
Canson Mi-Teintes Paper
Lineco Bone Folder
Lineco Heavy Duty Awl
Lineco Binding Thread
Lineco Bookbinder Needle
Alvin Cutting Mat
X-ACTO Knives & Blades