- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Vernon Community Arts Centre
BFA Emily Carr Institute of Art + Design
Okanagan artist, exploring boundaries of development and nature's reclaiming process. " When I lived deep in the cities of Montreal and Vancouver it was rare to see the tangle of development and nature. I heard about it everyday, but it was like a rumour. "
In 2010 River is drawing and painting landscape on location and abstract work through meditative memory recall. As a BC and Okanagan artist, many drawings and paintings begin on location through sketching and photography. The final work represents the artist's inner space, connection and empathy for an environment, rather than a literal depiction.
River began teaching at the Vernon Community Arts Centre in 1992-1995. After working in computer and media arts for more than a decade, River is now teaching drawing again and welcomes new artists to explore a wider variety of drawing concept. Basics including line, shape, colour, and composition are offered in a setting which allows artistic freedom and skill development.