- Online Store
- Shopping in our stores
- Opus PLUS Program
- Custom Stretched Canvas
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- Custom DIY Framing
- Mail Order & Online Shopping
- Artist & Store Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Art Educator’s Corner
- Community Support & Donations Program
- How-to’s, Demos & Workshops
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
An Introduction to the Digital Printing Service at Opus
Take your artwork and photographs from the computer screen to your walls or mantle, even create multiples perfect for sale or for further embellishment. In this video, Jeri Weaver and Maria Josenhans from Opus North Vancouver offer an introduction to the Opus Digital Printing Service, walking you through the consultation process that ensures your prints look their absolute best.
Some things to keep in mind for the consultation:
• What surface do you want your image to be printed on - paper or canvas?
• If you are printing on canvas, what type of finish would you like - gloss, satin, or matte? A matte finish is recommended if your print will be used as a surface for mixed media techniques. For prints that are ready to hang or frame, gloss or satin finishes are ideal.
• If you are printing on canvas, what type of edge best fits the finished look you'd like? White, colour, mirrored, or extended?
• How many prints would you like to order? We offer bulk discounts on same image, same size.
• Will your finished print be a size that fits a ready made frame or are its dimensions unique and requiring a custom frame? Custom DIY frames and/or mats ordered with your digital prints are eligible for a discount.
For more details about the Opus Digital Printing Service, including full details on readying your digital files, please visit Fine Art Digital Printing at Opus.
Refine your skills, learn something new, or get inspired by other artists sharing their ideas and methods. Visiting Artist and Staff Demos are informative, free and happening at an Opus near you. Some workshops may require material fees.
Space is limited and registration is required for all demos. Please register in advance by contacting the demo location store directly.
Techniques for Painting on Location
(Langley)with Murray PhillipsWed, May 22, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Workshop: Pourable Acrylic Mediums
Thu, May 23, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Create the Perfect Portfolio
(Langley)with Nancy CrawfordSat, May 25, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Workshop: Zentangle on Gourds
(Kelowna)with Michelle DroettboomSat, May 25, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Mat Cutting Essentials
with Jo Ann KonquistSat, May 25, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM