- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Recognizing Tonal Values to Make Your Paintings “Pop” with Eileen Harder
Sun, May 28, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Sun, May 28, 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Learn how to recognize variations in values, dark to light when using a reference photo or still life.
Eileen will do a painting from a photo from beginning to end using the concept of finding the darks, the lights and discussing the value scale and showing how to lighten or darken a colour using the colour wheel concept and variations.
Blending and glazing with oil will also be discussed. Eileen hopes attendees will be enlightened on how much more interesting a painting can be when you pay attention to the value scale.
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please visit Opus Coquitlam or contact them at 604‑545‑0410 to register.
Eileen Harder is a local Tri-City artist who teaches at Glen Pine Pavilion and Dogwood Pavilion Acrylic painting techniques. Eileen is known for her realistic pet portraits (‘Pet Portraits by Eileen’ on Facebook) and other vibrant still life paintings and that have been featured in magazines and local news.