- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Portraiture: Shading, Tone, and Value with Sage Sidley
Sun, May 14, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Sun, May 14, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Realistic portraits, step-by-step.
Sage Sidley will be presenting a how to add tone and value to make a realistic portrait.
Different shading methods with mixed media drawing materials, from ink to compressed charcoal, will be demonstrated. Additionally, drawing skills such as facial contours, facial feature construction, shading, and expressive line will be discussed in detail.
At the end of demo, you will have learned how to add tone and value in order to create a realistic portrait. Now it’s time to create!
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please visit Opus Kelowna or contact them at 250‑763‑3616 or toll free 1‑800‑814‑8885 to register.
Originally from Rossland B.C., Sage completed her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from U.B.C. Okanagan with a major in visual arts and a minor in mathematics. Presently, she works with ideas about place and time in connection with portraiture and site-specific drawings. She is interested in street art and site-specificity in relation to the role of art and the art gallery in the community. Her work has been exhibited in several group shows in Kelowna including, Drawing from Life, at the Kelowna Art Gallery.