- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Plein Air Strategies with Michael King
Sat, April 15, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sat, April 15, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Regardless of your level, plein air painting can be overwhelming one minute, then a state of zen the next. Michael King will demonstrate a handful of strategies for painting plein air that will help keep you focused on painting in the limited amount of time you have when outdoors.
Considerations for time of day, painting techniques, use of value & colour, pushing effects and planning will all be discussed.
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please visit Opus North Vancouver or contact them at 604‑904‑0447 to register.
Michael King is a contemporary Canadian painter and art instructor based in Port Coquitla m. He works primarily as an oil painter and is known for soft plein air landscapes, modern still lifes, and portraiture. With an eye for how light, shadow, and colour temperature form the fundamental elements of a scene, King’s practice blends representation with Impressionistic aesthetics.