- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Painting with a Palette Knife with Kerry Vaughn Erickson
Sun, April 30, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Experience the magic and freedom of painting a portrait with palette knives!
From initial underdrawing to finished painting, Kerry Vaughn Erickson will highlight the advantages of using a palette knife to create exciting, vibrant textures on your canvas. This demonstration is perfect for painters who want to “loosen up” and explore the qualities of paint, while at the same time creating a representational image. Layering, scraping, hard edge blocking and texturizing will be illustrated in this demo.
Are you ready to loosen up your painting style?
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please visit Opus Coquitlam or contact them at 604‑545‑0410 to register.
Kerry Vaughn Erickson a Vancouve r born painter who has been teaching figure painting for over 14 years. Working in a style that could be described as "loose realism", his recent canvases depict figures based on vintage photographic images. He has taught a number of art groups including the Vancouve r and Richmond art guilds.