- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Negative Painting for Positive Results with Kit Bell
Sat, April 22, 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Sat, April 22, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Try something new with an alternative approach you can use in any medium!
Join Kit as she demonstrates how to start with a loose, colourful, textured underpainting and then establishing the subject itself with the use of negative painting. Discover how the use of negative shapes can improve your composition and strengthen your design. Kit will also use a PowerPoint presentation to show finished paintings and the various stages of their development.
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please visit Opus Langley or contact them at 604‑533‑0601 to register.
Kit Bell is an award winning artist living and working in Kelown a, BC. Primarily a landscape painter, she seeks to record the transient effects of light and the seasons on the landscape. Kit wants to share what her trained artist’s eye sees with others. Working in a variety of media allows her to choose the best process for an image. Kit is a signature member of the Federation of Canadian Artists (AFCA) and a member of the Kelown a Painters Studio Society.