- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Mixed Media Painting on Paper with a Wax Resist with Cim MacDonald
Sun, May 28, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Sun, May 28, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
See how a "failed" piece of art can be transformed with wax!
Cim Macdonald will be demonstrating “drawing” on top of previous artwork with Beeswax using a tjanting tool, using fluid acrylics and acrylic inks to colour the wax, and creating a liberating style of painting with the sweet smell of beeswax.
A major part of this demonstration will be to show you that anyone can draw with this method, as it is not highly detailed and drawing ability is not required here.
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please visit Opus Granville Island or contact them at 604‑736‑7028 to register.
Cim is the curator of the World Famous Chemanius Murals. a signature member of the Professional Photographers of Canada, The Northwest Watercolour Society and is an Associate member of the Federation of Canadian Artists. Her Paintings and photography have received many awards of excellence and merit. Collections include Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the former Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia, Iona Campagnalo.