- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Mask & Resist: Creating Layers & Patterns in Acrylic with Liz Marshall
Sun, April 30, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Sun, April 30, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Join Liz for this exciting demonstration in acrylics where she will use a variety of collected, hand-made, and purchased stencils along side masking paper.
Discover how to create layered patterns while building up a background,that is abstract or representational on a variety of surfaces such as canvas, wood cradled panel, and paper.
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please visit Opus Kelowna or contact them at 250‑763‑3616 or toll free 1‑800‑814‑8885 to register.
Liz Marshall, a former Winnipeg elementary school teacher, has taught many art related classes during her past 36 years in Penticton. Her art has mostly been playful, colourful , and intuitive. With acrylics and mixed media she works on canvas, paper, and wood. From the late 1980's to 1999 she completed her Bachelor of FIne Arts at what is now UBC Okanagan.
For the past 25 years she has shown her work at Tumbleweed Gallery, and in group shows and solo shows throughout the Okanagan, including Hillside and Hugging Tree Wineries.
She has been a part of Art House Penticton since it was formed and now has a studio at Art House/Cowork in downtown Penticton.