- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Introduction to Encaustics with Sabine Simons
Mon, April 24, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Enter into the whimsical world of encaustic painting!
Encaustic painting uses molten beeswax and damar resin mixed with pigment to create a paint-like medium. This demonstration with Sabine will cover the safe handling of tools and materials that are commonly used in encaustic painting, as well as an overview of the basic and advanced techniques you may make use of.
These techniques include choosing the correct surface for encaustic, preparing your surface, painting with wax, manipulating your surface with heat, and an introduction to mixed media techniques such as image transfers, drawing on wax, creating lines and edges, and incorporating collage elements.
Join in on this fun method of painting with enticing beeswax!
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please visit Opus Coquitlam or contact them at 604‑545‑0410 to register.
Sabine Simons is a Vancouve r based mixed media artist working in encaustic, acrylic, and printmaking. She has been a partner at Arts Off Main Gallery in Vancouve r for six years.