- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Intermixability with Acrylics with Kimberly Parker
Sat, April 22, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Kimberly will demonstrate how to use a combination of acrylic paints, from spray paint to heavy body acrylic, to build depth and create a dynamic composition.
Highlighting the versatility and intermixability of Liquitex Acrylic and Inks, Kimberly will teach you techniques for quickly blocking in a dynamic base layer using spray paint, knowing when to use soft and heavy body acrylics, building up details using a fan brush, and using ink washes to add depth and focus to your paintings.
Kim will also speak about how to create depth and radiance in a painting by combining acrylic paints with various consistencies.
For an insight into Kimberly’s work and the demo she will be presenting, watch the Opus Video, Painting with Acrylics: Liquitex Intermixability
Kimberly Parker is a Vancouver based artist specializing in concept art and illustration. She graduated from the Illustration program at Emily Carr University. Kimberly is very active in the arts community- she serves as the Co-Director of Rain City Illustration and runs the East Van Art Collective.