- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Go Big with Your Brushes with Mac Grieve
Sun, April 9, 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Discover how changing your brush size will change your painting style completely!
This demonstration will focus on painting in acrylics with large brushes. Mac will use a 2 inch brush to paint a scene and only incorporate smaller brushes at the very end for finer detail work.
Learn how to create washes by using the right amount of water, mediums and retarder. Mac will also discuss negative painting and will show the results that can only be achieved by using these methods.
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please visit Opus Langley or contact them at 604‑533‑0601 to register.
Mac Grieve started painting at an early age and painted off and on until 1969 when he moved from Saskatchewan to B.C. He started painting again in the fall of 2005 and has been painting ever since. Mac is mostly self taught, only getting instruction from two local artists, Robert Genn and Mike Svob.