- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Forest Scenes in Acrylic with Joanne Hastie
Sat, April 29, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Create beautiful, wild textures and shapes with ease with Joanne’s mastered techniques.
Joanne recently visited the beautiful landscapes of Italy and has been inspired to teach her painting techniques with Italy in mind. The focus of this demonstration is painting an outdoor forest scene through layering acrylic paints.
Joanne will demonstrate her process of composition selection, mixing paints, laying out a scene, layering colours, and adding details to complete the composition. Participants will learn Joanne's process of creating a busy forest scene through a few simple steps.
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please visit Opus Downtown Vancouver or contact them at 604‑678‑5889 to register.
Joanne Hastie is a Canadian painter based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. She uses acrylic paint and glazes on canvas and paper. Her work is inspired from her daily journeys and adventures in Vancouver and during travels. Her unique style is from layering bright colors of acrylic paint and glazes on top of each other until the subject just starts looking familiar. As of 2016, Joanne’s artwork received Associate Signature Status with the Canadian Federation of Artists.