- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Drawing Hair with Mandy Boursicot
Sat, May 27, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Sat, May 27, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Convincing hair is essential to framing a portrait and finishing up any figurative work with polish.
This demonstration will cover four stages of drawing hair, from understanding a single lock of hair to a complex head of hair. Mandy will explain a variety of hair types: dark, blonde, brunette, straight, wavy, curly, short, long, wire, soft, and braided.
Mandy will be using graphite, white charcoal and erasers to show from start to finish how to accomplish realistic hair and texture in a drawing using the classical order of light, line, shape and volume. Mandy will also use a mahl stick and a knitting needle to help maintain accuracy.
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please visit Opus Downtown Vancouver or contact them at 604‑678‑5889 to register.
Professional artist and teacher Mandy Boursicot has won international awards and competitions and been published in Strokes of Genius among other journals. She studied in an intensive atelier program in Florence. She’s an excellent teacher with experience instructing animators, young professional artists, adults developing personal interests and children coming to drawing for the first time.