- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Combining Acrylic and Oil for Maximum Effect with Kerry Vaughn Erickson
Sat, April 29, 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Sat, April 29, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
April 5, 2017 – Please note: The 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM demonstration is now full and no further registration will be taken. Thank you for your interest! Note: there is still room in the 2–4 PM demonstration.
Explore mixed media while obtaining positive results!
In this demonstration, Kerry will illustrate how he starts his paintings with acrylic washes to block in the forms and establish an underpainting, followed by applications of oil paint using both brushes and palette knife.
In addition, Kerry will discuss drying times, varnishing, and how he keeps his studio non-toxic and completely solvent free.
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please visit Opus Langley or contact them at 604‑533‑0601 to register.
Kerry Vaughn Erickson is a Vancouve r born painter who has been teaching figure painting for over 14 years. Working in a style that could be described as "loose realism", his recent canvases depict figures based on vintage photographic images. He has taught a number of art groups including the Vancouve r and Richmond art guilds.