- Online Store
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Abstract Exploration in Mark-Making with Marlene Lowden
Sun, January 29, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
January 6, 2017 – Please note: This demonstration is now full, but please sign up for the wait list: often there is an attendee who needs to cancel. Thank you for your interest!
Learn the practice of letting go of outcome to create expression through abstract painting.
Marlene will guide you through her process as an abstract painter, imparting various mark making techniques that can be applied to your work regardless of your preferred style of painting.
She will be demonstrating the use of various painting tools on both paper and canvas, and leave you with ideas that help you move beyond the blank canvas.
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please visit Opus North Vancouver or contact them at 604‑904‑0447 to register.
Marlene Lowden is an abstract painter and yogi who lives on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, B.C. She works primarily in oils and enjoys the challenge of abstract expressionism. She is honoured to have artwork in private and corporate collections across Canada. Marlene teaches art & yoga workshops and retreats. She recently published an adult colouring book called Outside Your Lines. Marlene is passionate about creating without self-imposed restrictions.