- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
How to Apply for a Donation
The Opus Community Support & Donations Program supports non-profit visual arts organizations, arts education, and community groups with a strong focus on the visual arts in British Columbia. If your organization fits this criteria and has an upcoming or ongoing initiative or event with a strong visual art focus that is in need of assistance with art materials, please feel free to submit a donation request to us.
To help us make an informed decision about your request for support, please note the following when preparing your request:
1. Requests in writing must be on official society or school letterhead. If sending your request via email, please include detailed contact information for your organization, including your position within it.
2. Include a summary of the focus of your organization or school. Be sure to indicate your organization's non-profit status.
3. Include a summary of the proposed initiative, project, or event.
4. Be as specific as possible in indicating what your needs are, including details such as: a list of the products you require (referring to our online store to see what we carry is recommended), sizes, and amounts; how many participants will be using the supplies; how long the supplies will be used for (e.g. a weekend event or a 6-week program), etc.
5. Be sure to include any deadlines you may have. For example, when you need to know if the donation has been accepted and when you would need to pick up any donated materials.
6. Donation requests must be received a minimum of 6 weeks before the date you need a response. As we hold a meeting bi-monthly to review all recent donation requests, we cannot easily accommodate last minute requests, so please send your request well in advance of the date you would need to pick up the materials.
Opus endeavours to support as many organizations as possible each month in an effort to ensure our budget is distributed fairly. We will often choose to assist numerous groups with smaller donations, rather than choosing to only assist one or two groups with a larger donation.
In keeping with this approach, we are not always able to assist the same group for multiple years in a row, however we always encourage you to apply again with different events. Due to the volume of requests received, we cannot guarantee assistance to all requests.
Please note that Opus Community Support & Donations Program provides art materials donations in kind; we do not offer cash donations, nor can we offer digital printing services, picture frames, or other Opus Services.
You may submit your request for support:
• directly to your nearest Opus Store
• by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your request to only one of the above; we do not accept requests for the same initiative or event at multiple Opus locations.
We will do our best to reply to all donation requests received within a 6 week period but do encourage you to contact us to confirm receipt of your request if you have not received a reply.
Thank you and best of luck with your initiative or event.
- Opus Special Event: Hockey legend Richard Brodeur paints at Opus for the North Shore Art Crawl
- Just Practice
- Opus Daily Practice Challenge
- Why Varnish?
- A Beginner's Journey to Hand Lettering
- Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge 2017
- Watch & Win!
- Smart Printing: From Phone to Home
- Getting to the Core of Graphite
- Charles van Sandwyk: Illustrator, Writer, Wanderer
- A Brief History of Acrylics
- A Clear View: Present, Protect & Preserve Your Artwork with the Right Glazing
- Score, Fold, Stitch: Designing Your Own Sketchbook
- Face Painting with Snazaroo
- Asking the Big Question with Pennylane Shen