- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
An Introduction to Custom DIY Framing at Opus
Pierre from Opus Granville Island gives us a in depth walkthrough on how to Do It Yourself when using our Custom DIY Framing Service.
Step 1: Select the style of moulding you desire and any additional elements, such a what type of mat, glass, backing, and hanging hardware you may need.
Step 2: Measure the dimension of your piece and mat board. Record your desired dimensions for your custom DIY frame/mat order and place it with a Opus Staff member.
- Once your frame and mat board arrives, clean your glass and gently place it into the frame.
- Position the mat board on top of your print to highlight your picture.
- Secure the top with linen tape, leaving the sides and bottom loose as to prevent your picture from buckling.
- Place the picture along with the mat board into your frame. Put a piece of archival paper on top of your print before placing your backing in. This will give that extra protection between print and backing.
- Secure backing with either a point driver or staple gun.
- Screw the D-rings on the back of your frame. Tightly tie the hanging wire to each D-ring.
- Hang it!
Materials and Tools in shown in this video:
- Mat board
- Corrugate Backing
- 2x D-Rings
- 2x Screws
- Hanging Wire
- Linen Tape
- Glass cleaner
- Point Driver/ Staple Gun