Log in to post Art News

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
We're sorry, it appears no opinion pieces have been published in the last two months. You can find older opinion pieces here.

Community News

Each month we write about Arts-related happenings in the community. It's also a great place to check up on what's new at Opus!

This month's stories
Community Archives

Just Practice

Get inspired to practice daily with a quote from Vincent van Gogh! Watch A Step Forward: Just Practice with Aska Djikia as she lends her hand lettering skills to his timeless words about the importance of practice.

We hope it helps spur you on to continue with your daily practice through to the end of our February Opus Daily Practice Challenge... and beyond!

PLUS, be sure to read Aska's article, A Beginner's Journey to Hand Lettering, for tips on getting started. You can also see what other Opus Daily Practice participants are doing with hand lettering by following #opuslettering and #opushandlettering tags on Instagram....Read more

Opus Daily Practice Challenge

The Opus Daily Practice Challenge returns February 1–28, 2017!


January resolutions can be tough – the holiday season, a new year, plus 31 days. It's too much! But don't worry, February follows with enough time passed that you are renewed and ready to take action, and with an easy 28 days to make art a part of your daily life.

Challenge yourself to create daily for 28 days with Opus Daily Practice, making your art practice a priority wherever your days may take you – the studio, kitchen table or living room, in the park or at a coffee shop, or on-the-go....Read more

Art News

What's happening in the Visual Arts community. It moves fast, so check often.

Vagina Monologues March 10th & 11th

The Vagina Monologues Penticton is a volunteer run 3rd Party Fundraiser with 90% of funds raised going directly to SOWINS (South Okanagan Women In Need Society) and the remaining 10% going to the VDAY Campaign to end violence against women and girls worldwide.

For more information on SOWINS & VDAY please visit the websites www.sowins.com & www.vday.org...Read more

The 18th Annual LOOK Show 2017

The Community Arts Council of Greater Victoria is pleased to host The 18th Annual LOOK Show in partnership with The Bay Centre. This yearly exhibition is widely recognized as one of Victoria's premier art shows thanks to its inclusive community based approach. Featuring works from emerging to established artists, this year sees a notable expansion which has enabled us to include even more in this important cultural exhibition....Read more