- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Indigenous Perspectives - Call for Submissions
Submission Deadline:May 17, 2017 - 9:00 AM
April 20, 2017 - May 17, 2017
Call for Submissions
Indigenous Perspectives - Home on Native Land
2017 marks the 150th anniversary of Confederation in Canada. This offers a chance to reflect on Canada's history, look to the future, and embark on a renewed relationship with Indigenous Peoples across the Nation. Port Moody was known at the time as the coastal terminus for the railway. However as part of this celebration into Canadian history three art venues within the city invite Indigenous artists in Canada to exhibit their creative works. The Port Moody Arts Centre, Silk Gallery and the Gallery Bistro are all providing their spaces to exhibit creative works.
The intent behind this program is to engage artists, residents, new immigrants and visitors in conversations surrounding the theme of “Indigenous Perspectives - Home on Native Land”. We invite First Nations and Indigenous 2D and 3D artists (carvers, sculptors, painters, mixed media) to submit their works as it relates to themes of relationship to land, water, cultural identity and spirituality.
"Indigenous Perspectives - Home on Native Land" runs from June 15-July 16 at the Port Moody Arts Centre, Silk Gallery and Gallery Bistro in the City of Port Moody.
• Artists may submit up to ten pieces of their work for consideration.
• All artwork must be gallery quality and ready to display.
• There are no fees to enter or exhibit, but the galleries will retain a commission on sold artwork.
• Silk Gallery and Gallery Bistro will show 2D and 3D works. Port Moody Arts Centre is 2D work.
Checklist of what to include:
Biography (maximum 200 words)
Up to ten images of your artwork. (300 dpi, under 2 MB)
o All images must be labeled 01_ LastName_Title through 10_ LastName_Title.
A corresponding list of artwork in an XLS or word format with images, titles, media, sizes, and prices of work if for sale.
Dates to remember:
Deadline for submissions: May 16, 2017 - email notification of acceptance by May 19th.
Artwork Drop off June 9, 2017 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Opening Reception: Thursday June 15th, 6:00 – 8:00 pm for Port Moody Arts Centre exhibition
Art Walk Receptions: Friday June 23rd – Gallery Bistro, Silk Gallery and Port Moody Arts Centre.
Pick Up Artwork: Monday July 17th 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
Applications or questions may be directed to: email@example.com
- Oil Techniques: Painting en Plein Air
- How to Varnish an Acrylic Painting
- Opus Special Event: Hockey legend Richard Brodeur paints at Opus for the North Shore Art Crawl
- Just Practice
- Opus Daily Practice Challenge
- Why Varnish?
- A Beginner's Journey to Hand Lettering
- Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge 2017
- Watch & Win!
- Getting to the Core of Graphite
- Smart Printing: From Phone to Home
- Charles van Sandwyk: Illustrator, Writer, Wanderer
- A Brief History of Acrylics
- A Clear View: Present, Protect & Preserve Your Artwork with the Right Glazing
- Score, Fold, Stitch: Designing Your Own Sketchbook
We send out 3 to 4 emails per month about promotions, how-to's, and community arts goings on. Start an Opus online store profile today to begin receiving email from us.