- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Vancity Credit Union requesting expressions of interest for a site-specific art commission for the Fraser Street community branch
Submission Deadline:May 8, 2017 - 12:00 PM
March 20, 2017 - May 9, 2017
Vancity Credit Union requesting expressions of interest for a site-specific art commission for the Fraser Street community branch at 6288 Fraser Street, Vancouver, BC.
Our vision inspires us to think differently about wealth—to re-envision prosperity as something we can only achieve if we’re surrounded by and connected to a vibrant and diverse community. Our values-based banking model is grounded in the local economy because we believe you only truly prosper when you’re connected to a healthy community.
We’re remodeling our Fraser Street community branch (branch 7) to better reflect the way we do business. This project includes an art call designed to engage the local art community as an integral part of our member’s branch experience. Through this art call, Vancity will select one artist or artist team to create one art commission.
Call to artists in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley
Vancity is now accepting applications of expressions of interest (EOI) from artists or artist teams who live or work in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley to design and integrate a site-specific art commission.
We’re seeking applications for artwork that reflect and interpret, in a celebratory way, the rich and diverse culture of the local community. Content / themes must align to Vancity’s vision and values, and can be social, economic, historical, environmental or a combination. Preference will be given to submissions that aim to incorporate up-cycled, recycled, sustainably sourced, salvaged, found and/or other natural media.
Artist information session
One artist information session will be hosted at the Fraser Street community branch located at 6288 Fraser Street, Vancouver, BC on:
Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 7 pm.
This session will provide an opportunity for interested artists and artist teams to learn about Vancity, the Fraser Street community branch location, its community, and the proposed art commission for the branch. Light refreshments will be provided.
Artists must visit www.calltoartists.ca and register to RSVP and attend this information session.
The selected artist or artist team will be awarded $7,000.00 as well as a supplemental materials budget.
All submissions must be completed online at www.calltoartists.ca. The deadline for submissions is 11:59 am on Monday, May 8, 2017.
For guidelines and further information, please visit vancity.com/calltoartists/
Art Program Facilitator
- Oil Techniques: Painting en Plein Air
- How to Varnish an Acrylic Painting
- Opus Special Event: Hockey legend Richard Brodeur paints at Opus for the North Shore Art Crawl
- Just Practice
- Opus Daily Practice Challenge
- Why Varnish?
- A Beginner's Journey to Hand Lettering
- Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge 2017
- Watch & Win!
- Getting to the Core of Graphite
- Smart Printing: From Phone to Home
- Charles van Sandwyk: Illustrator, Writer, Wanderer
- A Brief History of Acrylics
- A Clear View: Present, Protect & Preserve Your Artwork with the Right Glazing
- Score, Fold, Stitch: Designing Your Own Sketchbook
We send out 3 to 4 emails per month about promotions, how-to's, and community arts goings on. Start an Opus online store profile today to begin receiving email from us.