- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Optical Illusion Museum 2017 Call for visual artists and set designer submission
Submission Deadline:February 17, 2017 - 4:00 PM
February 1, 2017 - March 31, 2017
CALL FOR VISUAL ARTISTS AND SET DESIGNERS - Optical Illusion Museum 2017
VISUAL ARTISTS AND SET DESIGNERS
All mural art and set design images are eligible for submission. All genres, subjects, capture types both historic and modern are eligible for selection by the juror. Preference will be given to pop culture themed art though.
ABOUT OPTICAL ILLUSION MUSEUM
Optical Illusion Museum is a startup related to arts & entertainment that is seeking visual artists and set designers to participate in creating visually stunning 3D art for this new tourist attraction concept. This 3D art gallery is planning on opening in 2017. The conceptual approach to the work is a unique design inspired by Trick Eye Museum, Alive Museum, Magic Art 3D Museum and Hong Kong 3D Museum in Asia that began in 2010. The artistic style utilized is called trompe l’oeil, which is a French term for a visual illusion in art, especially as used to trick the eye into perceiving a painting or design that’s two dimensional as a three dimensional object. Unlike traditional art pieces, viewers can be part of the art piece and change the formation of the painting by their participation. Visitors are the director of their own photos in the 3D universe. The slogan “be a part of the art” will entice visitors to the museum to not only view the art but to photograph themselves with the creative and fun art pieces. While most art gallery museums do not allow you to interact with the exhibits (let alone take a photo of them), here at Optical Illusion Museum we not only allow you to do so but expect it.
This is an excellent opportunity for visual artists and set designers to market their artwork in a unique setting. The artwork will be created by local artists with a theme focused on local culture and cityscape. Accepted artists must create the art, set up, take down. Compensation will be in form of cash or % royalty from the ticket sales to view 3D art gallery.
In addition artists' selected for the exhibition will also receive promotion on the Optical Illusion Museum website and social media platforms.
To apply, please email your application to email@example.com which includes:
• Contact details (name, email, phone, address)
• 8 images of your artwork
• List of images included (detailing title, size, medium, price, and thumbnail image for each image)
• A current CV, bio, an artist statement (one document)
The deadline for submission is Saturday, February 17, 2017 by 4:00pm.
***Please note, only online submissions will be accepted. If you require assistance in your application, contact at 604-319-2238 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Optical Illusion Museum, visit
"The next evolution in art! The 3D art gallery that will truly trick your mind! "
- Oil Techniques: Painting en Plein Air
- How to Varnish an Acrylic Painting
- Opus Special Event: Hockey legend Richard Brodeur paints at Opus for the North Shore Art Crawl
- Just Practice
- Opus Daily Practice Challenge
- Why Varnish?
- A Beginner's Journey to Hand Lettering
- Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge 2017
- Watch & Win!
- Getting to the Core of Graphite
- Smart Printing: From Phone to Home
- Charles van Sandwyk: Illustrator, Writer, Wanderer
- A Brief History of Acrylics
- A Clear View: Present, Protect & Preserve Your Artwork with the Right Glazing
- Score, Fold, Stitch: Designing Your Own Sketchbook
We send out 3 to 4 emails per month about promotions, how-to's, and community arts goings on. Start an Opus online store profile today to begin receiving email from us.