- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
OASIS Okanagan Art Show & Inspiration Symposium
Submission Deadline:May 8, 2017 - 9:00 PM
April 29, 2017 - April 30, 2017
The members of the Central Okanagan Chapter of the Federation of Canadian Artists are currently in the process of organizing the fourth annual Okanagan Art Show & Inspiration Symposium (OASIS), an event that is comprised of a Symposium, three Painting Workshops and a quality Art Show.
The Symposium takes place Saturday, April 29th in the Okanagan College Theatre in Kelowna. Entry is $30 and is open to all artists and art patrons. As part of the FCA’s ongoing endeavor to support and encourage young artists, students will be admitted free of charge to the Symposium.
The guest artists for this year’s Inspiration Symposium are three of the FCA’s top artists; Andrew McDermmott, SFCA, Ingrid Christensen and Charlie Easton, SFCA.
In the morning the guest artists will conduct inspiring presentations followed by a panel discussion fueled by questions from the audience. In the afternoon the guest artists will conduct simultaneous painting demonstrations at three separate stations that attendees can visit at will. The following day, Sunday, April 30th, the guest artists will hold three individual painting workshops. Workshops are $125 - to register go to the FCA-COC website listed below.
Combined, these master painters will present an exciting weekend of art education, inspiration and fun for Symposium attendees.
The Okanagan Art Show portion of OASIS is a Federation of Canadian Artists juried show open to all Active and Associate FCA members and will showcase some of the best art in BC. The exhibition will hang in the beautiful Peachland Art Gallery in downtown Peachland for the month of July. Entry deadline is May 8th.
For more information, to purchase symposium tickets, to register for a workshop, to submit to the art show or to become a COC member visit our website: www.centralokanaganfca.com.
- Opus Special Event: Hockey legend Richard Brodeur paints at Opus for the North Shore Art Crawl
- Just Practice
- Opus Daily Practice Challenge
- Why Varnish?
- A Beginner's Journey to Hand Lettering
- Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge 2017
- Watch & Win!
- Smart Printing: From Phone to Home
- Getting to the Core of Graphite
- Charles van Sandwyk: Illustrator, Writer, Wanderer
- A Brief History of Acrylics
- A Clear View: Present, Protect & Preserve Your Artwork with the Right Glazing
- Score, Fold, Stitch: Designing Your Own Sketchbook
- Face Painting with Snazaroo
- Asking the Big Question with Pennylane Shen
We send out 3 to 4 emails per month about promotions, how-to's, and community arts goings on. Start an Opus online store profile today to begin receiving email from us.