- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Call to Artists- Rooted in History
Submission Deadline:April 1, 2017
February 10, 2017 - April 1, 2017
Call to Artists
The unique beauty of the Garry oak has inspired the imagination of many creative souls; but there is more to this story that needs a stage. Its ecosystem supports over 100 species of plants and animals, all worthy of the attention of a painter’s brush or photographer’s lens. Through their art, artists are invited to shine a light on this important issue: the survival of this precious and rare ecosystem.
Local artists are asked to create a two-dimensional work inspired by the Garry oak ecosystem. Selected works will be displayed at the Robert Bateman Centre Gallery from May 3rd to June 25th. All works will be available for purchase and a percentage of the proceeds will be donated to the Garry Oak Ecosystems Recover Team to support their environmental work.
How to Submit
Submissions are due April 1st 2017. Selected artists will be notified by April 11th 2017.
- Just Practice
- Opus Daily Practice Challenge
- Why Varnish?
- A Beginner's Journey to Hand Lettering
- Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge 2017
- Smart Printing: From Phone to Home
- Getting to the Core of Graphite
- Watch & Win!
- Charles van Sandwyk: Illustrator, Writer, Wanderer
- A Brief History of Acrylics
- A Clear View: Present, Protect & Preserve Your Artwork with the Right Glazing
- Score, Fold, Stitch: Designing Your Own Sketchbook
- Face Painting with Snazaroo
- Asking the Big Question with Pennylane Shen
- Painting with Acrylics: Liquitex Muted Colors
We send out 3 to 4 emails per month about promotions, how-to's, and community arts goings on. Start an Opus online store profile today to begin receiving email from us.