- Online Store
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Painting with Gouache en Plein Air feat. Bryan Coombes
Watch as watermedia takes flight! Go on a trip with Bryan Coombes, as he captures seaplanes in Vancouver's Coal Harbour.
Discover techniques for drawing through your preliminary pencil sketch, using watercolours and gouache to build up a scene, blending gouache to create soft edges, and using watersoluble pens to add the finishing details to your piece. Once you see how easily gouache lends itself to working outdoors, it'll become your new favourite travel companion!
Watch Painting with Gouache en Plein Air above or on the Opus YouTube Channel to find out how you can reactivate both your gouache and your art practice by painting on location. It's time to book your next flight into plein air adventure!
Interested in some of the products Bryan uses?
M. Graham Gouache
Winsor & Newton Professional Water Colours
Cotman Sketchers' Pocket Box
Plein Air Oil Travel Brush Set
Moleskine Watercolour Books
Pitt Artist Drawing Pens
Clic & Go Water Cup
Enamel Butcher Trays